Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Feelings Pt.1

I said I would be highlighting the good in people, so here goes my first recognition. Enjoy!





I probably should have posted this yesterday when I first read it but oh well, time got the best of me. This man is one of my favorite music artists. He has a campaign called Songz for Peace where he encourages youth to refrain from participating in violent acts. I ran across this article (see below) on his official website. I admire that he is using his voice as tool to help others. It gives me *singing* "happy feelings!" and shows his compassionate side. Which is refreshing aside from all the other stuff circulating about him.


Who is he you ask? Well, he is none other than Trey Songz. Here's the article courtesy of his website, http://www.treysongz.com/






Trey Songz In Buffalo, New York
August 7, 2009
New York State Senator Antoine M. Thompson (D-Parts of Erie & Niagara Counties), JetBlue Airways, the Town Ballroom, and Kholes Entertainment will present R&B artist Trey Songz with a proclamation from the New York State Senate during his visit to Buffalo on Friday, August 7, 2009. This event will take place in the community at the Delavan-Grider Community Center, located at 877 East Delavan Avenue at 5:00 PM. Buffalo is a wonderful city with wonderful people but we need to increase our efforts to eliminate the violence; and we need to start with our youth. Trey Songz will encourage youth to stay away from violence, said Senator Thompson. Recently, Buffalos communities have been subjected to multiple acts of violence. Trey Songz will also be in attendance to inspire inner city youth with a few words of encouragement, including a message of peace, love, and non-violence. He has traveled around the country as an anti-violence advocate.

Be a blessing, intently!

No comments:

Post a Comment