Friday, August 7, 2009

Decluttering my life!


Ok so for the month of August my church is focusing on getting rid of clutter. After this past Sunday's sermon(8/2/09) and Wednesday night (8/5/09) Bible study I realize it's time for me to come terms with the clutter in my life. People (relationships), thoughts (overthinking), material possessions *big gulp* (clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry that I don't wear but still like to know that I have), old magazines, receipts, paper work...UGH! I won't go any further. Daily I've been working on something. I realized I am a bit extreme! Why was it so hard for me to get rid of stuff that I don't use??

I watched a bit of Rod Parsley today and he just so happened to be talking about "Taking out the Trash in Your Life". I love it when God speaks. Confirmation that I need to be obedient. Rod pointed out that addiction is a form of clutter. I just learned something...

I had to ask myself, "Am I an addict?" Lord help me! God is a God of order (1 Corinthians 14:33) and clutter(confusion) only blocks God's blessings...

Monday starts my 2 week fast. I am so READY to declutter everything! My temple could definitely use it.
Will write about it. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment