Sunday, November 20, 2011

My 1st Natural Hair meetup

I've been wanting so badly to go to a natural hair meetup this past year. I'm going on my 2nd year of being natural (whooot whooot!) I always see ads on popluar natural hair blogs for meetups in Atlanta and Chicago (which I do plan to attend one in one of these cities in the near future even if I have to go alone). Of course I never seemed to see one being advertised for Tennessee. So, I started to research how I could go about hosting one in Nashville. I have to admit I slacked on the research and planning of one. However, lo and behold one day I decided to type in natural hair in Nashville, TN and came across a website for Natural haired women based out of Nashville. #Exciting! They had a post about a meetup and I imediately signed up for it.

I went alone. No big deal to me. I knew I'd see women with hair like mine and I'd be right at home. I saw an old friend from church and made a new friend. the event was nice. I was surrounded by gorgeous hair. I obtained more info to add to my natural hair research archive. I even won the raffle for the grand prize basket filled with natural hair products and goodies. Yay me! So I'd say my first natural hair meetup experience was a great one! I can't wait to try all my new products!!

No comments:

Post a Comment